Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ginger Squash Muffins

Two people, even if they have a few guests over for dinner, cannot eat seven whole butternut squashes in any decent amount of time.  I know how much the people in my office appreciate fresh baked yummies, so I decided to try a butternut squash muffin recipe.  Since I had so much ginger on hand, I decided to spice up a basic recipe.  The consistency was absolutely perfect.  I made mini muffins in a cast-iron tart pan and they were spongy and moist.  The recipe made about 48 mini muffins, and they went fast.

Ginger Squash Muffins

2 medium egg
3 cups of flour
1 1/2 cup of milk
1 cup roasted, cooled, and pureed butternut squash
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon of salt

Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).

Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and powdered ginger. Beat the egg, then stir in the milk, squash, grated ginger, and melted butter.  Stir into the dry ingredients.

Pour into a greased muffin tin, then bake for 25 minutes or until done.

No comments: