Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Global Babyfoods!

I totally think I hit on a niche market: baby food from around the world! I joined friends for an amazing dinner at Brooklyn Commune for a family-style vegetarian meal one night a few weeks ago. One of the dishes they served was a quinoa salad with grilled portobello mushrooms slathered in a creamy carrot sauce. Of course I asked the chef for the ingredients, and they were graciously provided by our server: carrots, tomato, cardamom, ginger, and coconut milk. I haven't mastered the proportions yet, so I won't post a recipe, but I served it this past weekend at a Fourth of July BBQ and guess who loved it more than me? THIS BABY RIGHT HERE! Actually one of the cutest and fun babies ever. She just couldn't get enough of it. I spiced up the recipe with a generous amount of pepper, garlic, and onion, but that was no problem for Allissa. Thanks, Erica and Allan for such a great addition to the world. And the inspiration for my new company: Global Babyfoods!

No comments: