Monday, January 5, 2009

Honey Thyme Turkey

Remember all of those loaves of rye bread? I couldn't very well go out and buy lunchmeat to go on slices of rye bread for the week, so I picked up a free range turkey breast from DiPaolo's turkey stand at the Grand Army Plaza green market on Saturday morning. The breast was about a pound and a half, and roasted, it made enough for about 10 sandwiches.

Honey Herb Roasted Turkey Breast

One large turkey breast
olive oil
salt and pepper
paprika
fresh chopped garlic, savory, parsley, thyme, and rosemary
2 tbsp honey

I chopped all of the herbs together on a wooden cutting board so that they all got good and mushed up together. I rolled the turkey breast in olive oil and honey, and then seasoned with the salt and pepper. Then I pressed the herb mixture on top of the sticky breast and popped it in the oven at 350 for about an hour. I sliced the breast thinly, froze some of it, and made sandwiches with the slices for the rest of the week. A great alternative to lunchmeat with all of those preservatives.

No comments: